unfungible us

fun·gi·ble (fnj-bl) adj. 1. Law. Returnable or negotiable in kind or by substitution, as a quantity of grain for an equal amount of the same kind of grain. 2. Interchangeable.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Despite the rumours, London bridge is just fine.

So here we are in sunny-cloudy-rainy-sunny-windy-cloudy-etc London. In the past two days we have been privy to two seperate Bristow family gatherings. I have to say that the frenetic pace of London is almost relaxing in comparison :). Today we took in both the Cabinet War Rooms (my choice) and the National Gallery (Gillian's choice). Pictures weren't taken in either museum, so all we will be able to post (when we are again able to post pics) will be general London area photos.

We will be able to post a few clever pics of the changing of the guard though, outside Buckingham Palace. We also meandered past 10 Downing Street, which bears a passing resemblance to a prison with luxury cars out front - this is more a comment on the large imposing walls and the plethora of heavily armed guards. To their credit, they seem to be very friendly.

That takes me to the reason that there are no photos in this post. The internet cafe we are at has very helpfully provided USB ports for customer use and then very unhelpfully disabled them. I am not enjoying my easyInternetCafe experience. If you happen to be near one and need to use the net, go somewhere else.

Well, that's all for me. To placate Erin (read the comments), Gillian has been coerced into writing this:

I am having a great, but exhausting day in London and I am looking forward to our Lamb dinner at first cousin (once removed) Hazel's house in London.

Still, with all the business, I still wonder how Erin's date with the hot Italian flight attendant, Antonio, went. Drop me a line, Erin, and let me know.

Kisses everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home