unfungible us

fun·gi·ble (fnj-bl) adj. 1. Law. Returnable or negotiable in kind or by substitution, as a quantity of grain for an equal amount of the same kind of grain. 2. Interchangeable.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

90 years ago today...


My grandmother was born. So we thought we'd have a cake.


But let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet. Yesterday was our first full day in Hythe, and what a great day it was! Gillian and I had breakfast at the Saltwood Cafe which, incidentally, was huge.
Me, being full, at the Saltwood.
High Street in Hythe. "High Streets" are much like main streets on the western side of the Atlantic.
Mimi's house.
The crypt at the local church. The one on the left looks like my mum! :D
In the evening, there was a concert played on the Canal. Here is the Royal Ghurka band playing.
And the fireworks finale. It was really, really good.

Oh, and my aunt Sue complained about the picture of her that I put up on the Blog earlier (taken at Towanroath). So, I have decided to dedicate a whole post to her, in the very near future. Any Bristow blog-watchers in particular, keep your eyes here for an up and coming Sue-stravaganza.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home