unfungible us

fun·gi·ble (fnj-bl) adj. 1. Law. Returnable or negotiable in kind or by substitution, as a quantity of grain for an equal amount of the same kind of grain. 2. Interchangeable.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Day 2, Budds Oast

So I've been reading "Eats, Shoots and Leaves", and am quite at a loss as to whether it should be "Budd's Oast", "Budds' Oast" or "Budds Oast". For those who don't know, the English name their houses. Budds Oast (or whatever) is the name of the house we have been staying at.

Anyways, here ya go.

The first image is taken on a walk I took on my first evening in England.

The subsequent images were taken during the next morning, on a walk I took, due entirely to jet lag.
In the image immediately at right, you can see a "turnstyle". The English have public paths that wind through privte property. At each fence can usually be found a turnstyle, designed exclusively to help people step over that which could be said is designed to keep them out. A rather fantastic idea, if I do say so myself.

More morning walk. I'm particularly pleased with how this shot turned out.
A historical building called "Ightem Mote". Very picturesque - just like the rest of it.
My grandmother - Mimi or just Meem, as you prefer - stopped by for a visit.

Apparently, someone off frame has just cracked a joke that my aunt Carol finds rather amusing.
Ellie, the happy dog from a few posts ago, is evidently amused by the same joke.
Gillian has a quick swim, before we dash into nearby Tonbridge on an errand.
And here we are, literally dashing. The errand was actually to access the internet at the local library, in order for me to continue posting this blog. Unfortunately, we got lost - several times - and I fell asleep in the back seat before order would be finally restored.

I hope you all appreciate what I go through to keep you abreast of our routine!

I'll probably be posting again in a few hours, in an effort to get us somewhat up to the minute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home